About Afghanistan Revenue Department
Ministry of education has the outstanding rank among governmental organization of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, in order to render 65% services for the public. Ministry of Education, for the achieving of its valuable goals and Objectives, would like to recruit employees through open competition and merit based selection, consequently to enhance the capacity of civil servants, develop the current governmental management systems, and play the effective professional role in the administrative environment.
The main responsibility of the System Developer is to develop and administer the NFE-MIS database to the Literacy Department (LD) program activities on a continuous basis and give feedback to the Planning and Program Department, at LD on progress of the activities within the scope of the project and in compliance with the guidelines and procedures of the Ministry. The NFE- EMIS Developerwill work closely with the LD M&E Unit and EMIS established in MoE, UNESCOELA monitoring team, and the other monitoring team in LD..
|Date Posted:||03 Jul 2017||Reference:||MOE/HRMU/ UNESCO/001|
|Closing Date:||10 Jul 2017||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT – Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build the capacity of staff in LD-EMIS/Planning department and other related MoE officials:
• Conduct on-the-job training for LD-EMIS/Planning staff on data collection, process, store, data tabulation
• Train EMIS staff on MS Access and web based database
• Enhance the capacity of LD-EMIS/Planning department staff to generate / develop ad-hoc reporting including data tabulation and visualization
• Enhance the capacity of LD-EMIS staff and other relevant DMOEL staff to conduct data analysis (Interpretation of data, education indicators, trend comparison).2. In consultation with the MoE/LD key officials, assist the EMIS Department to improve the EMIS regular data collection activities (Youth and adult Literacy) in the following areas:
• Review and revise the NFE- EMIS literacy centers questionnaire
• Develop and pre-test literacy classes information database
• Revise and pre-test NFE- EMIS database
• Develop and pre-test NFE-EMIS web-based database
• Develop data tabulation on literacy classes, learners and facilitator’s collected data
• Develop NFE-EMIS operation manual, and train the LD-EMIS/Planning staff.3. Act as a bridge between EMIS unit of MoE and M&E unit of LD;
4. To coordinate closely with M&E Head and Planning Officer for the development of NFE-MIS to develop data collection mechanisms in terms of EMIS Database;
5. To review and revise the NFE-MISunder the supervision of EMIS Director and ELA Program Coordinator.
6. To maintain the NFE-MIS part of EMIS database by revising and updating the system regularly;
7. Responsible to develop a follow up plan for NFE-MIS after ELA exit.
8. To conduct the capacity development on the ELA database operation of the UNESCO staff as well as Literacy Department staff; and
9. To perform other tasks assigned by MoE and UNESCO
- A bachelor’s degree in Education, Statistics, Computer Science, Information System Management or related fields.
2. At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of information System design, development and management, preferably in education..
3. Experience in managing the development and maintenance of software applications and MIS for larger organizations.
4. Experience in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation in the field of social development or Education.
6. Familiarity with open source software would be an advantage
7. Excellent analytical skills
8. Prior experience working with government systems would be an advantage
9. Excellent interpersonal skills
Afghanistan – Kabul
Interested Afghan candidates should submit their letter of interest (cover letter) along with the updated resumes to:
HRMU, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Deh Afghanan, Ministry of Education, 4th floor first Corridor first office, Kabul, Afghanistan
no later than 10, July 2016, candidates who have access to the Internet can send their applications to the below email.
You are requested to send your letter of interest along with the updated resume in Word or PDF file. Please mention post title and vacancy number in the subject line of your email. However, do not email us heavy sized files such as your certificates, recommendation letters and etc. THOSE WHO DO NOT FULFILL THE APPLYING REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORTLIST. Only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the test and interview. The test & interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates only sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.
Ministry of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MoE does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, handicap, religion, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Candidates with disabilities and qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.