Tue, Dec 04 2018 12:00 PM
Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:00 PM
This feasibility study for a public investment project (PIP), is being funded under the Government of Afghanistan approved World Bank Public-Private Partnerships and Public Investment Advisory Project (PPIAP). A fund has been established under the PPIAP for PIP and public private partnership projects. The approval process for the PIP feasibility study has been undertaken as follows: the Project Implementation Management (PIM) Unit in Ministry of Finance (MoF) Policy Department and Ministry of Economy (MoEC) reviews the received PCN’s from line Ministries on a regular basis; and if a specific PCN is approved by the PIM Unit, and it requires a feasibility study it is submitted to the PPIAP Project Evaluation Committee (PEC) for a decision on funding approval. Membership of the PEC is MoF Policy, MoF Central Partnership Agency (CPA), and MoEC.
The Government of Afghanistan is planning to invest and develop the (INSERT FROM THE APPROVED PCN: the name of the sector that the project will be in i. e. infrastructure transport, energy, telecommunications, urban development, agriculture/ irrigation/ water resources, education, health) sector, and one of the proposed priority interventions is a (Will be inserted from the approved PCN: the name of the proposed project/ program) project/ program. The project objective is to (Will be inserted from approved PCN “objective of the particular proposed project”).
As outlined in the background, the PEC has approved the funding of this project feasibility study based on the approved PCN. The PCN and this feasibility study is part of a structured PIM process to improve project alignment, quality, readiness and implementation effectiveness. The PCN will provide all the background information, the initial problem assessment, project objective and structure. These will be reviewed and analyzed and revised based on the feasibility study findings.
- Scope of Work
The feasibility study work tasks include the following:
- an assessment of the relevance of the proposed project to address the problems identified in the economic and social sectors and any additional problems arising in sectors related to the project;
- a detailed analysis of the technical, economic and financial, institutional and management, environmental and socio-cultural feasibility of the proposed project;
- a detailed analysis of the potential sustainability of the proposed project results;
- the detailed plan which specifies indicators for proposed project objectives, results and activities and incorporates required resources, the institutional structure required for project implementation, and stipulates the responsibilities of various bodies, project timing/phasing, estimated costs and a logical framework planning matrix;
- detailed preliminary design (ie. preliminary engineering designs if infrastructure investments), technical specifications and tender documents for physical works and supplies;
- a draft financing proposal;
- Recommendations for any following steps and further actions to secure project financing and implementation.
The feasibility study will provide the Government with sufficient information to accept modify or reject the proposed project for further financing and implementation.
For details of the services, the ToR is available at www.npa.gov.af
- National Procurement Authority on behalf of Ministry of Finance (MoF), GoIRA, now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the aforesaid Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
- The Consultant should be registered legal entity and should have been in business for the last 5 years in providing Consultancy Services of similar assignments. (The consultant is required to provide the Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation issued by relevant authority in country of establishment).
- The consultant shall demonstrate having sound financial standing by submitting audited financial reports or any other credible financial documents for last three years (2015, 2016 and 2017). The consultant Net Worth shall be positive.
- The consultant should provide proven experience for a minimum of at least one contract with the value of US$ 2,400,000 (Two Million and Four Hundred Thousand US Dollar) having executed during any of the last five years of similar nature indicating the duration, value, years of performance, which should showcase the expertise/strength of the consultant for the undertaking such assignments. The Consultant while describing the assignment(s) for similar experience should furnish the following details:
- Consultant should explain in what way the executed assignment(s) was/were similar in nature to the current assignment.
- The Consultant should explain the exact role played by the Consultant in the assignment if the assignment was carried out in association with other firms as JV or in sub-consultancy for carrying out the assignment.
- Consultant having some regional experience is desirable.
- The requirements for Consultants who intends to associate with other firm(s) in the form of a Joint Venture (JV) or Consortium or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications are indicated as under:
- The lead partner is required to be identified clearly and state the composition and nature of their association (JV/ sub-consultant) in their EOI.
- In case of JV, all partners i.e. the lead and JV member/s shall meet 100% of the shortlisting criteria of (a) (b) and © above.
- In case of Consultant who intends to associate with other firm(s) in the form of a sub-consultancy, the lead partner shall meet the shortlisting criteria of Net worth and experience as under (a), (b) & © above.
- Eligibility requirements in compliance with paragraphs 3.21, 3.22, & 3.23 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Procurement In investment Projects Financing, Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services November 2017.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Procurement In investment Projects Financing, Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services November 2017, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers available at www.worldbank.org/.
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. If consultants intend to associate with other firms, they are advised to clearly identify the lead partner and state the composition and nature of the association (JV/ sub-consultant) in their EOI. In case the EOI is submitted in form of JV, each partner in the association shall meet the requirements defined in Para.4 (e) above, under the short listing criteria. However, the short listing criteria will not be applied and considered for sub-consultant.
- A consultant will be selected though Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, Procurement in investment Projects Financing, Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services November 2017.
- Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail, or by e-mail) by 20 December 2018 by 13:00 Hours. (Kabul Local Time). For convenience, the EOIs submitted by the consultants should preferably not exceed 40 pages. Further information in respect to this REOI can be obtained at the address below by email or in person during office hours [08:00-16:00 Hours].
Attention: Aziz Ahmad Obaidi
National Procurement Authority
Administrative Office of the President
Pashtunestan Wat, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
Qasim.firstname.lastname@example.org and Bashir.email@example.com,
Web site: www.npa.gov.af